Human Resources Business Manager/HR Business Partner
Salary: $130K - $145K
7+ years of experience as an HR Business Partner, HR Generalist, or related role, preferably in a law firm, and 5+ years of experience managing others required
A law firm is hiring a high-touch, service-oriented Human Resources Business Manager/HR Business Partner to join its Professional Staff Human Resources team. This role will provide practice and section managers as well as paralegal managers and other assigned internal business groups with a wide range of dedicated HR support. Apply to work alongside the firm’s section, practice, and administrative managers to maximize business results by driving employee engagement and motivation.
- Human Resources Business Manager/HR Business Partner will support the firm’s section managers, practice managers, paralegal managers, and other assigned internal business group managers with performance management, policy interpretation, employee relations issues, and professional development
- Proactively liaise with assigned internal managers to develop trust and strong/ productive working relationships; become known as the “go-to” person for all areas of human resources
- In coordination with the business managers and the Director of Human Resources, provide guidance on employee relations matters, including performance issues, flexible work arrangements, and leaves of absence
- Demonstrate flexibility in supporting assigned internal client groups as business and HR priorities change
- Support the annual paralegal and professional staff performance review process, including facilitating the use of evaluation software (viDesktop), and ensuring timely completion of reviews
- Draft performance improvement plans and memos
- Participate in performance management and involuntary departure meetings
- Collaborate with Director of Human Resources to coordinate professional staff training programs, particularly for managers
- Maintain paper and electronic files in compliance with current firm policies
- Proactively participate in training opportunities to advance skill levels and remain current with trends in HR and changes in employment law
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years of experience as an HR Business Partner, HR Generalist or related role, preferably in a law firm, and 5+ years managing others
- Experience managing and/or supporting paralegals is a plus
- Excellent technical skills, including proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong analytical skills; ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data
- High level of integrity and honesty
- Experience guiding/managing employee relations and job performance issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to execute through to completion
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle highly confidential matters with discretion
- Creative and logical problem-solving skills and reasoning ability
- Ability to work under pressure, successfully manage competing demands, and meet various deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to professionally interact and collaborate with colleagues at all levels
- Experience with performance review applications, particularly viDesktop/viEval, preferred
Founded in 1969, JOHNLEONARD, a woman-owned business, is the premier staffing choice in Boston and beyond. We provide Temporary/Contract, Direct Hire, Temp to Hire, and Payroll services as part of our comprehensive service offerings. We connect talent with opportunity, building relationships across the community to create better futures for all. In doing so, we live by our mantra; Actions Speak Louder Than Words™.
JOHNLEONARD is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. All applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.