Legal Project Manager
Salary: $185K - $245K
2+ years of relevant experience required
*This job is located in Washington, D.C.
A leading mid-sized law firm is seeking a Legal Project Manager to join its finance team in their Washington, D.C. office. In this role, you will support the firm’s International Litigation and Arbitration practice. As the firm's Legal Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to shape and build the firm’s expertise in this growing field.
- Legal Project Manager will collaborate with partners to develop bottom-up budgets for prospective engagements, clearly defining scope and staffing requirements, and exploring the potential for alternative fee arrangements
- Monitor actual performance against budgets utilizing budgeting software and ad hoc reports, including regularly interfacing with matter-responsible attorneys to review staffing and obtain insights into anticipated deviation vs. budget
- Deliver regular and accurate communication to senior management on matters with possible fee cap overruns or other risk areas, with a goal of “no surprises.”
- Serve as a data steward, continuing oversight of task coding for international litigation and arbitration matters
- Provide on-demand analytical assistance to partners and lawyers.
- Champion and support the use of Legal Project Management concepts and capabilities across other areas of the firm
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years working in a similar capacity, including project management and process, budgeting, improvement concepts, process mapping, and post-matter evaluation
- Advanced Excel, including expertise in manipulating large sets of data
- Familiarity with conceptualizing, analyzing, and negotiating alternative fee arrangements
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive work style and the ability to think creatively to solve novel problems
- Strong written, oral, and graphic presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively as both a sole contributor and in cross-functional teams
- Must have the flexibility to work extra hours as necessitated by role
- Experience as a practicing attorney preferred