JOHNLEONARD is helping a highly regarded trust and estate firm located in the Greater Boston area find a Probate Litigation Associate to join their team. This full-time Legal role offers a salary of up to $110K plus bonus and an excellent benefits package.
This is a great opportunity to establish a long-term career at an established firm, not a transitional position. They have a collegial atmosphere and plenty of work on many engaging and interesting cases. You will be in the office 4 days per week and one remotely, with the possibility of flexing for 3/2.
To give you an idea of how this role will look and feel, here are some areas you can expect to work in as Probate Litigation Associate:
- Manage case progression to develop strategy and participate in strategy discussion, determine priorities and identify issues, and delegate to and supervise work of paralegals and assistants
- Review and edit paralegal drafts of probate documents for formal probates, informal probates, guardianships, and conservatorship
- Draft substantive complaints, motions, oppositions, correspondence, and other pleadings for contested matters
- Research and prepare accompanying memorandums for various probate issues
- Draft and respond to interrogatories, subpoenas, and document requests
The ideal Probate Litigation Associate applicant will have excellent academic credentials, as well as good research and writing skills. You will exclusively focus on litigation in your representation of beneficiaries, trustees, and other parties in Trust and Probate matters. We are looking for someone with 2-5 years of experience in probate litigation. You will also need:
- Experience drafting interrogatories, subpoenas, and document requests, as well as preparing responses to the same
- Understanding of probate and trust accounting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with clients, colleagues, opposing counsel, the courts, and financial institutions
- Experience and knowledge of estate tax and experience with real estate are a plus
- Knowledge of MUTC/MUPC is preferred
In return for your passion, collaborative approach, and commitment, you will receive a generous salary and benefits package, joining a friendly and inclusive culture.
Please don't hesitate to apply with our team at JOHNLEONARD today if this full-time Probate Litigation Associate job sounds right for you.
Founded in 1969, JOHNLEONARD, a woman-owned business, is the premier staffing choice in Boston and beyond. We provide Temporary/Contract, Direct Hire, Temp to Hire, and Payroll services as part of our comprehensive service offerings. We connect talent with opportunity, building relationships across the community to create better futures for all. In doing so, we live by our mantra; Actions Speak Louder Than Words™.
JOHNLEONARD is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. All applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.