T-DH Payroll and Benefits Administrator
7 years of payroll and nonprofit experience required
A local non-profit organization in Boston is searching for a T-DH Payroll and Benefits Administrator. In this role, you will administer bi-weekly payroll for a staff of approximately 90 full-time and part-time employees, as well as approximately 20 seasonal employees. Apply to manage accounting, enrollment, and employee communications for all benefits.
- Payroll and Benefits Administrator will make changes in payroll based on new hires, terminations, and salary changes, including but not limited to division/department assignment, grants charged for grant-funded positions, benefit deductions, and all other deductions, both those offered to and elected by the employee and those mandated by the state or federal government (i.e., taxes, garnishments, etc.)
- Administer the tracking and reporting of vacation and sick time accrual to provide accurate reporting of accrued/used balances on employee checks each pay period
- Review and process the automated timesheet process on the Paylocity system each pay period, and communicate with the managers and/or Human Resources regarding questions, etc.
- Verify the accuracy of payroll when it is received and prior to distribution to employees
- Provide guidance and assistance to employees when using the Paylocity payroll software and refer them to Paylocity resources as appropriate
- Under the direction of the Controller, prepare Federal and State taxes after each pay period; review W-2’s at year-end; prepare audit work papers for year-end payroll audit; prepare and maintain journal entries each pay period to post withholding and salary expenses to the General Ledger
- Work with Budget Director to create and manage an annual budget. Investigate and help explain variances in payroll budget
- Maintain accurate and secure records and employee payroll files to provide timely and accurate reporting of payroll history and current information
- Reconciliation of Federal and State taxes; reconciliation of quarterly and year-end statements; reconciliation of W-2’s; verification of W-4’s; reconciliation of payroll withholding accounts to the General Ledger; reconciliation and posting of payroll journal entries to the General Ledger; reconciliation of payroll bank account; reconciliation and payment of benefit invoices; maintenance of payroll
- Work with the organization’s administrator of its unemployment insurance to provide information on terminated employees submitting claims to DET. Produce reports, filings, etc. requiring payroll information
- Manage Employee Benefits Program and communicate benefit offerings to staff via trainings, new employee orientations, brown bag lunches, etc.
- Administer 401K Plan; maintenance of all 401K records; payment of 401K contributions, employer matching, and employer core amounts
- Prepare and transmit the bi-weekly 401K contribution report in a timely manner
- Manage and maintain employee leaves through the Paylocity payroll system and administrator of MAPMFL leaves through State system
- Reconcile, code for accounting, and submit for payment all benefit invoices; automate the process of invoice reconciliation and maintain accurate records of processing.
- Maintain Covid vaccine-related information in confidential files
- Associate’s or a Bachelor’s Degree; comparable experience considered
- 7 years of payroll and nonprofit experience
- Demonstrated skill and strong working knowledge of automated payroll and Report Writing software required; Paylocity software experience preferred
- Proficiency in a Microsoft Office environment (Excel, Word for Windows) strongly preferred
- Understanding of grant management and allocations desired
- Knowledge of employment law as it applies to administration of payroll, benefits, leaves, etc., preferred
- Proven skill in problem-solving and detail organization
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and administer multiple tasks
- Commitment to excellence and the confidentiality required in the payroll function